The effects of COVID-19 have arguably hit the UK’s healthcare sector the hardest. Staff are not only working resiliently to tackle the pandemic, but are also working to manage the impact on service capacity and the workforce. To support the NHS and highlight the hundreds of incredible job opportunities available, the National Careers Service London have partnered with the NHS to bring you the NHS London Careers Event.
The NHS London Careers Event will take place on social media – across Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn – using the hashtag #NHSCareers. The aim of the NHS London Careers Event will be to highlight the huge range of careers available within the NHS and promote the existing live vacancies across London. The NHS London Careers Event will enable training providers and employers to team up and connect in a virtual setting, putting both NHS jobs and apprenticeships on the map.
#NHSCareers will provide a platform for training providers to promote apprenticeship and learning opportunities, and for employers, JCPs and job brokerages to promote current job vacancies to a wide audience of potential healthcare professionals and workers.
The NHS London Careers Event aims to:
- Increase the number of people recruited into live London NHS vacancies
- Raise awareness and interest in NHS roles as a career
- Increase the number of employers and young people enquiring about NHS and healthcare apprenticeships and training in London
- Promote wider partner events and activities (such as college open days, new training programmes, work experiences, careers advice etc) in London
- Help Londoners get back into or get into paid work following COVID-19
The NHS London Careers Event will take place across Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn on 10 November 2020 from 11am - find all the contributing posts under the hashtag by searching #NHSCareers. For register to attend, please visit Eventbrite.
The National Careers Service London have produced a free guide on how to make the most out of Virtual Careers Events. To download the guide, please visit Careers Inspiration.