Job Title: Dual Badge Custody Officer
- Serco will identify the nearest court, Prison and Police Station
Salary: £20,835 per annum
- plus a £350 bonus*
- plus pension (matched up to 6%)
- life insurance
- 20 days annual leave rising to 25 after 7 years’ service
- plus Bank Holidays
Hours: 35 hours per week.
- Daytime shifts Monday-Saturday.
- You must be flexible as there may be occasions when
finish times are unpredictable.
- Multi-stage recruitment process
- Briefing call to assess eligibility
- Competency based Virtual Interview
- Short role-play and written exercise.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
and be able to use those skills to manage and control all situations,
ensuring your detainee remains calm and cared for.
- It would be advantageous for you to hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- As a Dual Badge Custody Officer your role is to provide court transportation
services, collecting detained Adults, Children and Young People from prisons
or police stations and transporting them safely and securely to courts. Once
there you’ll ensure these Adults, Children and Young People in our care feel
safe and secure from the point that the escort commences to the point the
- Duties include, accompanying defendants in court; searching property or
people; ensuring food and drink is available and completing paperwork and
data entry for the day.
Referral Code: JO.LDN.SERCO
Recruitment Forum: Welfare