Prepare in advance to make a good impression
- Dress smartly
- Make sure you know where the venue is so that you are there on time
- Research the company and be prepared to say you wat to work for them
- Examine the Person Specification to see what skills they are looking for and are likely to ask you questions about
- Note down some real examples to demonstrate where you have used those skills
- Be positive about what you can do.
Accept feedback so that you can learn to improve.
Think about the interview from the viewpoint of the employer
- Make sure that you are clear on the company values and vision
- Make sure that you know some key facts about the company
- Make sure you know what the main tasks and responsibilities of the job
- Make sure you have an idea of what the main challenges will be
- What interests do you have that might be relevant to the job?
- Think through how you want to come across to the employer and keep that image in mind for the interview
- Think through where you have worked in a team and reflect on what makes you a good team member. How can you show this effectively to the employer?